Clouds of Fire

Big, bright, and full of hot air. My rants on life, and just a few on those things that annoy me. Welcome to Clouds of Fire.

5/10/2005

I am seriously considering doing some promotion for my blog here in Austin. If I get up the energy I think I may make a few flyers to post around my dorm floor. Hell, I may get adventurous and post some around campus.

My buddy Les sent me this link today. That whole site is filled with some very cool stuff. Check this out. It amazes me what some people can come up with. That is some crazy stuff.

I've been meaning to post this video for a while but I just recently remembered about it. It is a compelling, if not insightful, view into what may very well be our future. It holds both promise and warning -- great piece of work. I originally saw it when my RTF professor introduced us to Ourmedia.org. This site is filled with what the kids these days are calling "grassroots media", that is media that is free for all produced by the masses for the masses. Through that site you can find links to all sorts of free and public content including documents that have passed their original copyright. Did you know the works of Mark Twain are now public domain? I must admit, that seems like a splendid notion. I have to give credit where credit is due. I don't think any of these digital conversions would have been possible if not for the titanic efforts of Project Gutenberg. My hat goes off to them.

So City of Heroes is consuming my life. For some reason I like this game a hell of allot more than most of the MMOs I have ever played. I think the fact that the game is a little old and past its prime means that the community is more on the mature side. I meet and party with allot of cool people. Send Mack18 on the Justice server a Tell if you want to Hang.