Clouds of Fire

Big, bright, and full of hot air. My rants on life, and just a few on those things that annoy me. Welcome to Clouds of Fire.

11/26/2005

Thanksgiving

Everyone went home for Thanksgiving this weekend and I am currently one of three people left on the floor. To say that campus is eerie would be like calling the Yeti mischievous.

I spent the better part of Wednesday tearing into Neil Strauss’ book, The Game. It is a great read and honestly not since reading How to Succeed with Women have I felt so ready to get out there and start courting again. It is, without a doubt, and exhaustive process and without the support of a few wings I don’t think I am ready to take it on quite yet. I think my best option is to wait until a few friends get back into town. One guy in particular, SexyHair, who is in my Japanese class, might be worth hitting a few bars with.

I have for some time been hoping to get out and around town to hit a few local hotspots in Austin and today presented itself as an ideal opportunity with lots of open parking spots and nothing else to do. I hit the Crown and Anchor pub which has possibly the cheapest eats I have seen here in Austin: 3.75 for a hamburger and fries including tax. There was a pretty cute waitress there that I regret not talking to. I need to come up with some exercises to kill my fear of rejection. We don’t live in tribal communities anymore thus being rejected by some random waitress isn’t going to really affect me. This is a prime example of my logical brain not being able to talk to my heart.